Geography – Maps

This week the Geography team have been looking at maps and how they can be useful.

Maps show the real world on a much smaller scale. They help you travel from one location to another. They can help you figure out where you are and how to get where you want to go.

There are many types of maps. The kind you use depends on what you want to know. Here are a few examples:

• Going somewhere new? A street map will show you roads, their names, and various locations along those roads.

• Doing a project about countries? A map of the world will show you where the countries are.

• Going on a trip to the zoo? The zoo’s map will show you where all the different animals are.

I have made some maps myself at home.

I used objects and toys from my house to create a simple map. I can use it to move my cars around the different places on the map.

I used my iPad to look on google maps. I found a map of where Ladywood is, I then used the editing tool to follow the roads and draw how I would get to Tesco (blue line) and how I would get to the park (yellow line)

Can you make your own map?

How can you get to the park?

How do you get to the shops?

Can you make a map of Ladywood?

We would really like to see the maps you make, you can send them to  friendsofladywood@ladywood.bolton.sch.uk

1 thought on “Geography – Maps”